Jack J. Woehr wrote:

On Sep 21, 2006, at 12:37 PM, John Draper wrote:

usr/local/apache/passwd

I checked - I don't have a "usr" directory in my "www" directory... Am I supposed
to create one?

Yes, if you use a chroot'ed directory scheme, you just re-create everything from the "real" directory layout that you happen to need for your application. E.g., I run Ruby sometimes, so I had to create /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib, etc. under /var/www

yea I know _ I tried it already, but in the interest of just getting the work done so I can get paid, and since at this time, security is not an issue at this time, I'm planning to chroot things later - and by that time, I will know exacly what libraries
to move into the chrooted environment.

I'm mostly a Mac Guy, programming in Python (Server work) or Objective C (Client work) and also in C++ in the case where I use Non-Mac Open Source stuff which I can build on the Mac using the normal "make" stuff.... And the GUI stuff I do in Cocoa and Objective C. I can even integrate Objective C code with C++ in same code module - which is kinda neat... I get best of both worlds... I get dynamic binding via Objective C and the power of
C++ when I need it.

Seems these suggestions are working - thanx guys..

John