Johan L wrote:
> Karsten McMinn skrev:
>> On 9/27/06, Jason Dixon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Think about it.  How would sshd communicate with you without an IP
>>> address?  Seems to defy the laws of TCP/IP.
>>
>> I'd concede that its more akin to "bending" than defying laws (RFCs).
>>
>> with enough will and some legwork you might be able to get
>> further with renumbering lo(4) and using rdr.  it would be a fun
>> feature to run a ethernet interface in half bridge mode, but
>> in the meantime just get a third interface outside of the bridge
>> group.
>>

> Half bridge mode sounds cool :).
> So my only way out is to add a third interface to the OpenBSD server
> with a public ip address? Right?

Wrong!

You can give an interface a ip address and use the same interface in
your bridge configuration.
(I do not say that this is the best configuration)

You can do very "funny" things with bridge configuration and ip
configuration.

At home I have one interface working as access point. This interface is
also member of a bridge, the only member! I only use this bridge to
filter mac adresses (ok, please no discussion about faking mac addresses)

cheers
guido