Theo de Raadt wrote:
As far as I am concerned, yes we can email and complain, but they are so arrogant that nothing will change.

Arrogant people change when their arrogance is too publically displayed.

Not only that, but arrogant people leave their jobs and sometimes the replacements aren't as arrogant.

Intel is no different than any other company. Give it enough reason to change and it will. Dollars are the lifeblood of any company, and as Intel continues to lose more and more dollars in the current environment, you might be surprised to find that they change their tune. They haven't existed this long by being inflexible.

If it doesn't work out this time, the exercise still sets a very good example of which other vendors will take notice. It's only 15 minutes out of your life to be sure that Intel is still aware of your concerns, on the off chance that they will listen this time around. Given everything that the OpenBSD developers and community have done for me, I am more than willing to spend a little of my time to return the favour.

Theo is calling for all of us to help out in a way that each and every one of us is capable of doing. I think we owe it to him, to those he represents, and to ourselves.

Breeno