Rod.. Whitworth wrote:
> I have a 4801 with CF installed with 3.9 in exactly the manner I would
> install on a HDD.

Rod, tried to email you off-list, but it seems my ISP is relaying
through a Chinese server that's on your blacklist.  Anyways, what
special sauce are you using to install to CF?  Any time I've tried it
using my IDE-CF adapter, the install seems to go cleanly (including
fdisk/disklabel), but when the time comes to boot off the CF card (Lexar
512M), I'm stuck with 'ERR R', suggesting something is happening to the
translation.  I'm discounting (perhaps incorrectly) the possibility of a
read error since it's happened with three different cards.