On 10/9/06, David B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is a $125,000 machine 5 years ago, and I treat it no better than some
crappy i686 box
because security is my primary issue.  If I went with another OS, I could
get a lot of the
functionality I want, but what good is it, if some 12 y/o kid in pakistan
can hack my box.

I just can't see why SMP and hardware raid aren't supported on sparc64/II.

if you regret it that much running openbsd on this machine, you should
learn how to use one of the other os'. keeping them secure would of course
require you to do a bit more, but _come on_ i just can't see why you can
whine that much about a status quo, yet not making any effort to use the
better part of your hardware. otoh if your company can spend that much
on hardware idling for years without it being a problem, why don't just
fund one or two of the developers to do the task?

--knitti