On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 07:01:21PM -0400, Nick Holland wrote:
> Emilio Perea wrote:
> > I ran into a problem when rebooting to a current kernel (i386 GENERIC)
> > due to a secondary disk without an 'a' partition.
>
> I don't think the lack of an 'a' partition is your problem.  Goodness
> knows, I've got a lot of machines with no 'a' partition on the second
> and later disks.

No, the problem was due to sd1's MBR partition type being A5 rather than
A6.  My apologies for not checking that before posting.  Last night's
change to disksubr.c broke it.  Thanks to Thordur and Pedro and Ken and
you for help in tracking this down.

I "borrowed" this disk from a dead server over five years ago and had
forgotten that I had not fdisk'd it at the time.  It's been running
OpenBSD since 2.8...

Mea culpa!

Emilio