On 13/10/06, Joachim Schipper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 06:11:16PM +0200, ropers wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anybody out there have a working knowledge of Swedish?
>
> I find myself having to use the Tivoli Storage Manager Backup/Archive
> client (dsmc).
>
> As much as I would prefer a free solution, this is the only offsite
> backup supported in my organisaton and if I want to maintain an
> OpenBSD server, I will have to get OpenBSD to talk to the Tivoli
> server.
>
> The only (hopefully) useful search result I could find was this page,
> but it appears to be in Swedish:
>
> http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=bus&a=2005-06&t=966999
>
> I tried automatic translation (http://tinyurl.com/f7vgq), but still
> couldn't quite make sense of it. I emailed the OP, but haven't gotten
> a reply thus far.
>
> Would anyone be able to help?

It appears, though I've not done more than take a quick glance, that
this product can back up from NFS exports. If so, that might be the
least hackish solution.

Sorry to appear lazy, but do you remember where you saw that? IMHO
IBM's Tivoli documentation is all over the place, that's why I don't
seem to be finding information to confirm this (much less to help me
to implement this). If you don't remember then nevermind -- I'll get
to test the installed Linux dsmc TSM client fairly soon. If I can
fully test it and IFF it fully works, including restoring the entire
mullarkey to another HDD, then I could probably use the Linux TSM
client as is, though I do understand the earlier poster's concerns.