Miod Vallat wrote:
For historical reference, info taken from bsdstats.org:
[...]

What is the point discussing completely bogus so-called statistics?

At best, I would suggest that some are proud to be OpenBSD users.

At worst, I would say that being an OpenBSD user gives some people an excuse to ego stroke. Call it ego masturbation, if you will. Stats like this are the porn they use to get off.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle, but it is no different than cheering for a sports team. Whether or not the stats are accurate, some people seem to feel a need to cheer on the work of others in an attempt to claim a piece of the fame for themselves.

I really seem to be on a roll this month. I'm sure I'll insult at least a couple dozen people with these comments. :)

Breeno