[...]
> I have then tried LayeredTech as suggested by someone on the
> list and I am
> very happy with it. The only negative point so far was that
> they advertised
> OpenBSD 3.x, and it turned out x really meant 5. I spent about an hour
> upgrading from OpenBSD 3.5 up to 3.9-stable. Ok I confess, I
> actually found
> that fun since I never did in-place upgrades ;)

I'm running a box with LayeredTech too.... I also got and old version, but
first thing I ordered a KVM/IP extender (30$ for 24h, but I had it much
longer than that), sent their staff cdrom39.iso to burn and insert into the
drive and did a clean fresh install of 3.9. Only problem I had was that on
the hardware I have with them RAID_AUTOCONFIG hangs during boot. I tried to
get my hands on identical hardware to test and debug but on mine it didn't
hang. There is a patch floating around this list that most likely fixes that
(no need for RAID_AUTOCONFIG to probe cd drives for RAID components, right?)
but I can't test it now as the box is in heavy production. Any San Antonio
Spurs' fans out there, you will know the place. :)

> ++ Gilles

Mitja