Dag Richards wrote:

Makes possible?  Erm by magic? Will running that kernel ... well
Um I'd like to buy another clue please Vanna.

Ok. There you go.

src/sys/arch/i386/conf/GENERIC.MP

#       $OpenBSD: GENERIC.MP,v 1.5 2005/05/01 07:54:42 david Exp $
#
#       GENERIC.MP - sample multiprocessor kernel
#

include "arch/i386/conf/GENERIC"

option          MULTIPROCESSOR        # Multiple processor support

cpu*            at mainbus?
ioapic*         at mainbus?
^-> Fantastic... Isn't it?

Any hints on who to go to for the ultra secrets?

That's what happens in Linux world, some developer creates a so-called magical patch but the dictator never let's it in kernel. The patch becomes a myth and circulates between communities.
Generally this is not a case in OpenBSD world.

It's irony man... Literature... Fine arts...

I am currently trying to connect to DC's over a leased gigaMAN connection. I am getting only 41 MB/s on the bsd routers without ipsec running 7 Mbs with ipsec running. These are Sunfire x2100's running on 3.9 i386 kernels.....

I have so far just found Henning's paper on perf tunning, it seems to tell me that I am very CPU bound when running ipsec. I can buy accelerator cards for crypto, but the performance is nowhere near what I would expect just machine to machine on a x-over cable, or switch between the broadcom cards.

Instead of an accelerator card, buying a cheap VIA C7 powered small box can be cost effective and painless. [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] will be sufficient for many routing, filtering, monitoring with crypto acceleration scenarios. You can achieve very high numbers with AES128 + SHA-1. BTW, AES-256 + SHA256 is also possible with nearly same performance timings.

Good luck.