On 10/24/06, andrew fresh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just want to say thank you to the OpenBSD team.

Over the weekend, one of our OpenBSD servers[1] had a fan die.  Thanks to
the sensors framework, and the Nagios[2] plugin I wrote[3], I found out
it was broken, and I could also tell that the rest of the fans in the
server were doing a fine job keeping it cool.  That means I was able to
replace the fan at my convienience.  Without the sensors framework, I
would probably not have noticed the fan being out until more fans died
and the server overheated.

[1] It one of our Internet routers, running OpenBGPd[4]
[2] http://www.nagios.org
[3] I swear this isn't an advertisement, but here's the link[5]
[4] Thanks for OpenBGPd too!
[5] http://openbsd.somedomain.net/nagios/

l8rZ,
--
andrew - ICQ# 253198 - JID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

BOFH excuse of the day: Stale file handle (next time use
    Tupperware(tm)!)

Very nice plugin i hoped someone will write something like that (way
too much work now to touch oBSD).
Cool domain name BTW.

Best Laurent.