Dudes,

Many months ago I started a website called OpenBSD-Wiki (located at http://www.openbsd-wiki.org).

The orginal goal was pretty selfish: Document what it took to get my systems going so I wouldn't forget.

I'm not a complete moron (eek! I hope!) , but I'm no where near as skilled as many on this list -- so I needed some documentation for myself. Wiki seemed to make the most sense, especially considering that many articles on the web are out of date and could use some minor (and sometimes major) adjustments.

As I lurked the misc@ list, I found some pretty helpful things, emailed the offer off-list asking if their works can be placed on that site released under the BSD license and so far everyone I've asked has been kind enough to say yes.

Anyone is welcome to create articles or create content they think is useful for other people to know (so long as either you or the original author will release it under the BSD license).

As far as how thinks should be organized and all that, I haven't entirely thought that through and am open to suggestions. My orginal thoughts where to make it close to the Gentoo-Wiki project (located at: http://www.gentoo-wiki.org).

I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had time to produce as many articles as I'd like but I'm also waiting for the 4.0 CD to arrive (it's already shipped and I have a tracking number! yay! I'm excited!) and I will update as many articles to that as possible.

I lack design abilities, so any criticism is welcome. Well _any_ criticism is welcome.

I'm trying to figure out a sane method to extract the articles into being a plain-text dump, so everyone can take copies if they need, once I get that figured out I'll post on the site.

Those that have already contributed or allowed me to take their articles and place them their, I thank you very much and would like to say: You rock!

One final thing, this is hosted off of my SBC DSL Business Elite line. This means I have 3-6mb down and 384-618 up (static IP's), so if the lines start getting clogged too hard then I'm willing to pay for some real hosting -- so no worries.

--Kenny