Here is a late afterthought...

I wrote on Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 11:36:38PM +0200:
>> Karel Kulhavy wrote:
>>> I tried to mount a CD-ROM twice:
>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ mount /dev/cd0c /mnt/cdrom
>>> mount_ffs: /dev/cd0c on /mnt/cdrom: \
>>>   specified device does not match mounted device

As soon as you start using OpenBSD 4.0, this won't happen
to you again, see here:

 $ cd /usr/src/sbin/mount_ffs
 $ cvs log mount_ffs.c|grep -B1 -A2 2006/08/11
revision 1.19
date: 2006/08/11 11:47:39;  author: pedro;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -6
Give a less cryptic error message when trying to mount invalid file
systems, okay thib@ ian@ millert@ beck@

You will now get "Invalid argument".

The improvement was committed more than a month before we
discussed the point...  Somewhat amazing, i must say...
Apparently, reading source-changes@ is useful when trying
to answer questions.   :-/

[...]
>>> Man mount doesn't mention the error message.
>>> I suggest the error message to be added and explained in the
>>> mount manual page.
>
> Maybe the mount_ffs(8) man page could be improved; i will perhaps
> think about it...

After the improvement by pedro@, i think no fix to the man pages
is required.  In any case, it would be out of place both in mount(8)
and mount_ffs(8), and it _is_ mentioned briefly in mount(2).

Concerning the rest of my lengthy message, i dimly remember
somebody recently talking about improving the way the system
handles "medium not present" and/or "medium not ready" conditions
from CD drives.  I even think it was Theo, so quite possibly
part of the rest of what i said may be outdated, too.
Anyway, i'm too lazy now to check that in detail.