Stephen Takacs wrote:
Alexander Hall wrote:

Or try typing "boot crash" or so, and see if anything happens, but you
maybe tried that earlier.

Haven't tried that yet, but that's because I'm waiting for the machine
to crash into ddb. :-)  I can invoke ddb at the console with
Ctrl-Alt-Esc, and then exit from it with "continue", but so far haven't
been able to trigger it at the right time.

I was thinking that maybe you are in ddb> but just do not see it cause the video is fsck'd up. In that case, if issuing some valid commands would make the computer produce some noise it would be a nice indication that you have actually entered the wonderful world of ddb, even though you cannot see it.

Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious.

/Alexander