On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 03:55:49AM +0200, Soner Tari wrote:
> I'm planning to purchase a motherboard with SiS 661FX/964 chipset. Can I
> assume sis(4) driver on OpenBSD 4.0 amd64 supports the ethernet on SiS
> 964? (In other words, sis(4) mentions SiS 900, does it mean 9xx?)
>
> Thanks,

The recent integrated Ethernet MACs on SiS south bridges are
known as the sis 190/191, they are not compatible with sis(4).

SiS have repeatedly ignored requests for documentation on this,
people need to try to contact SiS and ask for documentation
that isn't electrical pinouts but something along the lines
of "SiS 965 MuTIOL Media I/O Programming Guide".

The documentation exists, we don't have it, talk to them.
This also affects other things in the south bridge we
currently don't handle as well as we could.