Hi

I run ifstated on command line without any flags and everything works
prefect....

But when I add a statement to rc.local and a variable in rc.conf.local it
starts at boot but simply refuse to work correctly.

rc.local
if [ X"${ifstated}" == X"YES" -a -x /usr/sbin/ifstated \
    -a -e /etc/ifstated.conf ]; then
       echo -n ' ifstated';       /usr/sbin/ifstated
fi

rc.conf.local
ifstated="YES"          # "YES" or "NO"

After it started at boot it simply refuse to do the 10 sec poll that I have in
the ifstated.conf. If I kill ifstated that was started at boot and start it
from command line with the same statement as from rc.local it works as it
should.

????

Anybody with a clue about what is going on here?
Do I have to use a sleep statement at startup so it will wait for everything
else (have 10 carps, 3 vlans and 6 physical nics + pfsync etc)? I have tried
with a 30 sec sleep in rc.local before starting it without success....

Thanks in advance
Per-Olov
--
GPG keyID: 4DB283CE
GPG fingerprint: 45E8 3D0E DE05 B714 D549 45BC CFB4 BBE9 4DB2 83CE