On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:46:00 +0100, "Przemyslaw Nowaczyk"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> On Wed, Nov 29, 2006 at 08:27:14AM +0100, Damien Bergamini wrote:
> > You must recompile user ppp with ATM enabled:
> >
> > cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/ppp/
> > vi Makefile
> > remove line NOATM= /usr/include/netnatm required
> > then run make && make install
> >
> > then ppp -dedicated adsl
> >
> > this is explained here:
> > http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ueagle/ppp.html
> > (just skip the "synchronizing the modem" section
> > which is outdated).
> >

> hi,
> i'm also having some difficulties in making my sagem fast 800 e2t work,
> i'm running a generic kernel with ueagle and noatm enabled (dmesg below),
> recompiled ppp (as you mentioned above, since i'm using pppoa) and after
> booting the machine the modem doesn't synchronize.. running ppp
> -dedicated adsl
> in that state (ppp.conf from your page, with vpi and vci set to 0 35)
> shows:
>
> Warning: PPPoA:ueagle0:0.35: connect: Device not configured
> Warning: deflink: Device (PPPoA:ueagle0:0.35) must begin with a '/', a
> '!' or contain at least one ':'

I have now followed the FAQ 5.3.* sections and also Damien's guidelines
in
the ppp.html as above. And it STILL comes back with:
"Warning: deflink: Device (PPPoA:ueagle0:0.35) must begin with a '/', a
'!' or contain at least one ':'"

That message is contained in physical.c in the ppp-directory btw.

After having to add new file systems for /usr/src and /usr/obj, editing
and building a new GENERIC, re-compiling ppp etc etc - all first-time
experiences, I think I a will call it a day with this driver. While
everything else in OpenBSD "just works" this driver seems to be the
opposite. And I am apparently not the only one having this problem.

Rgds