On Dec 1, 2006, at 1:16 AM, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Jason Dixon wrote:
Yes, too bad it only includes 1 ethernet adapter.

That's what VLANs are for. Just make sure your switch doesn't allow hopping. :)

Ah yes ;-)
Although, playing with the mini as a server looks more like something I would do at home where I don't have VLAN capable switches. I don't (yet?) feel like using a mini at work (well except for workstation stuffs)... but sure, VLANs are ok.

You can pick up cheap VLAN-capable switches on eBay. I have a Dell 3024 at home which works fine and runs $100-150 used. I'd never use these in an "enterprise" environment, but they're fine for home testing.

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting