Hello misc,

My company is upgrading a number of our servers, and I've been browsing
the various lists and Google'ing to find answers to the following...

We're looking at ordering a number of the dell PowerEdge 2900 machines
for a number of applications (mostly database/web).  In configuring
these, we're weighing our options on choosing one of the following
setups:
  1. Two Intel dual core 5130's (2GHz w/ 4MB cache @ 1333MHz fsb), or
  2. One Intel quad core E5310 (1.6GHz w/ 2x4MB cache @ 1066MHz fsb)

I've been trying to figure out if these are supported at this time, and
so far on the lists I've found "Yes" but with a few instances of
stability problems.

My questions are:
  1. Are both of these cpu's supported and stable at this time?

  2. In your opinion, for a set of DB servers (postgresql) and web
     servers (apache base w/ php 5), which of the options above
     (2 dual core or 1 quad core) would OpenBSD work best with?

Many thanks,

-George C.