Hi,

from my recent emails you have probably guessed that I am jumping from
a debian system (have been GNU/Linux user for about ten years) into
the -wonderful- world of o'bsd (4.0) on an i386.

I am using for that the man pages, the absolute o'bsd book (which is
strangely nice to read, i would have never thought anything like that
of an informatics book) and the unofficial faqs.

I am almost done with the migration and very happy. I "still" have to
understand _correctly_ pf, of course.

However there's something that annoys me a lot: locale

In my zshrc I have set

export LC_NUMERIC=C
export LC_ALL=ca_ES.ISO8859-1
export LC_CTYPE=ca_ES.ISO8859-1

This worked perfectly on the debian system

My mother tongue is Catalan and I would like my system to be set up to
that language. It seems that for instance "date" is not behaving the
way I would like (it's in English) and also perl is complaining all
the time:

melanos| perl -v
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
       LC_ALL = "ca_ES.ISO8859-1",
       LC_NUMERIC = "C",
       LC_CTYPE = "ca_ES.ISO8859-1",
       LANG = "ca_ES.ISO8859-1"

This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i386-openbsd

This is very annoying because a number of things a written in perl;
e.g. pkg_add, etc

If I have a look at /usr/share/locale I find

melanos| ls /usr/share/locale | grep ca
ca_ES.ISO8859-1
ca_ES.ISO8859-15

I.e. they *exist*

Now; on a debian system I'd do the following:

dpkg-reconfigure localeconf and then als root set-language-env -E, or
something similar

What should I do in o'bsd? Any hint?

The gnome X enviroment recognizes my  /etc/profile though, which is set to

export LANG=ca_ES.ISO8859-15

All X programmes are in Catalan...

But I need the terminal in Catalan!

I have thousands of scripts which I'd have to modify because the
output of things like date are now different...

Thanks,

Pau