i seem to remember someone saying that you could NOT redirect out the same
interface but not 100% sure.

cs

-----Original Message-----
From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Dominik Zalewski
Sent:   Thu 12/21/2006 8:29 AM
To:     Peter N. M. Hansteen
Cc:     misc@openbsd.org; pf@benzedrine.cx
Subject:        Re: Squid 2.6 transparent proxy with pf

On Thursday 21 December 2006 15:04, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
> Dominik Zalewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I have OpenBSD 4.0 firewall and I would like to redirect all outgoing
> > http requests to my squid web proxy.
>
> Daniel Hartmeier wrote about this a while back, his article can be found at
> http://www.benzedrine.cx/transquid.html

In this article squid is running on the same machine as OpenBSD firewall. In
my case I have squid running on different machine connected to LAN interface.
My question is can redirect traffic on $int_if to another machine connected
to the same interface? Does this rule is corrrect ?

rdr pass on $int_if proto tcp from any to any port 80 -> $squid port 8080

pfctl doesnt complain about nothing but its simply doesnt work.

here is cut from my squid.conf:

### Main ###
http_port 8080 transparent

..

acl lan src 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0

..

http_access allow lan

When I setup proxy manually in my browser, its works.