On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 11:08:11PM -0500, Steve Shockley wrote:
> Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
> >does at least the following work?
> >
> >audioctl -f /dev/audioctl1 play.encoding=slinear_le play.precision=16
>
> Huh, that returns "audioctl: set failed: Device not configured"...
> something's not right.  It's strange that "audioctl -f /dev/audioctl1
> -a" works properly and this doesn't.

it seems that there is a mixer control that is missing on your
device (that's not bad), but the kernel driver tries to change its
setting. The problem is discussed here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech&m=114641672628647

Mixers of uaudio(4) devices that use signed values don't work
properly, perhaps yours uses signed values and that would explain
why there is no sound; there is a fix for this issue, too:

http://caoua.org/alex/obsd/uaudio-sign.diff
http://caoua.org/alex/obsd/audio-ports.diff
http://caoua.org/alex/obsd/audio-pollcond.diff
http://caoua.org/alex/obsd/audio-pause.diff

These are the same diffs as in:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech&m=115982418728996

If you have some time could you apply all patches and see if the
device work as expected? Feel free to contact me if you need more
info about how to test these diffs and/or to make uaudio(4) work

-- Alexandre