On 2006/12/26 22:01, Siju George wrote:
> I am unable to go to office dueto health reasons and my firm has
> allowed me to work from home for 3 months. Icould someone please tell
> me the feasible VPN Solutions I have using OpenBSD please?

Between fairly up-to-date OpenBSD systems, the simplest way is to
configure the VPN using ipsec.conf.

You could probably work this out from the manual, but there's no
direct example for a dynamic endpoint, so you might find this post
from reyk@ useful:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-misc&m=114200271127147&w=2

> 2) The firewall in connected to two Internet connections with
> differrent static IP address. However at a time only one Internet
> connection will be active, the other one is a backup connection which
> will be activated when the first connection goes down.

You may need to adjust the settings at your side when the office
changes to the other connection and use ipsecctl to flush and reload
the configuration but I don't expect that to be a big problem for
you. If it's likely to happen often you could automate this via a
script started from cron.

> 4) My computer at home will be running OpenBSD most of the time (
> sometimes debian/slamd64 ). it will be getting a dynamic Ipaddress
> from a DSl router.

It should be possible to setup IPsec there too, but if you might find
that it's enough to use SSH when you're running Debian; using "ssh -D"
most programs can connect to internal computers when you wrap them
using 'dsocks' - this is fast and simple to use.

Wishing you a speedy return to health.
Stuart