Is there any anything already done in ports ?

On 12/31/06, Michael <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Gustavo Rios schrieb:
> i would like to configure my UPS device for openbsd. But i am unsure
> whether it is supported by any of openbsd port's ups programs. Is
> there anyone that would allow to handle it under openbsd ?
>
> Here you got information about my ups system (from my dmesg output)
>
> uhidev1 at uhub3 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
> uhidev1: American Power Conversion Back-UPS ES 600 FW:820.x1d.D USB
> FW:x1d, rev
> 1.10/0.06, addr 2, iclass 3/0

Just go to apcupsd.com, download the stable sources and follow the
instructions from the documentation. Also take a look at the OpenBSD
section because you'll have to recompile the kernel to make it work.

After that it works like a charm...

ugen0 at uhub0 port 1
ugen0: American Power Conversion Back-UPS CS 500 FW:808.q5.I USB FW:q5,
rev 1.10/0.06, addr 2

$ apcaccess
APC      : 001,041,1064
DATE     : Sun Dec 31 18:58:01 CET 2006
HOSTNAME : *censored*
RELEASE  : 3.12.4
VERSION  : 3.12.4 (19 August 2006) openbsd
UPSNAME  : Soekris
CABLE    : USB Cable
MODEL    : Back-UPS CS 500
UPSMODE  : Stand Alone