Soner Tari schrieb:
Hi All,

On my network, ASP sites are served on a Microsoft IIS, and PHP sites
are on OpenBSD Apache, and there is only one Internet connection with a
single IP (all DNS records point to this IP). Since these web servers
run on different hardware/IPs, I need to distribute http requests based
on the requested URL, thus I think I need a reverse http proxy (Q1: am I
right?) running on my firewall (OpenBSD, of course).

So I've found Pound v2.2. I think it works fine, does the job, and is
very simple to configure, with a caveat being that I had to build
openssl again with threads enabled.

I also thought that Apache in reverse proxy mode could do the job, but I
failed to have OpenBSD httpd running in that mode. (Q2: could somebody
point me to a help page which describes how to do that?) (Note that
http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies deals with Apache 2
only. And I'm not sure that would help anyway.)

I could not find another reverse proxy package among OpenBSD
ports/packages (Q3: is there any other reverse proxy package?).

you can configure squid to act as a reverse proxy (it's called http-accelerator there). it's in ports and there are packages.

Probably, there is another (or the right) way of doing all this (Q4:
could somebody give any hint?).

Thanks,

hth,
marc