Hi,

I been googling with regards to installing/configuring snmpd under
OpenBSD. So far, I have success in installing net-snmp for OpenBSD
ports.

Then I execute the following commands to see if it is working or not.

$sudo /usr/local/bin/snmpconf -i -g basic_setup

Would you like me to read them in? Their content will be merged with
the
output files created by this session.

Valid answer examples: "all", "none","3","1,2,5"

Read in which (default = all): all, lub po prostu sam [ENTER]

Do you want to properly set the value of the sysServices.0 OID (if you
don't know, just say no)? (default = y):
does this host offer physical services (eg, like a repeater) [answer 0
or 1]: 0
does this host offer datalink/subnetwork services (eg, like a bridge):
0
does this host offer internet services (eg, supports IP): 1
does this host offer end-to-end services (eg, supports TCP): 1
does this host offer application services (eg, supports SMTP): 1
Do you want to allow SNMPv1/v2c read-only community access (default =
y): y

Configuring: rocommunity
a SNMPv1/SNMPv2c read-only access community name
arguments: community [default|hostname|network/bits] [oid]
The community name to add read-only access for: emf-obsd
The hostname or network address to accept this community name from
[RETURN for all]: localhost
The OID that this community should be restricted to [RETURN for
no-restriction]: [ENTER]
Do another rocommunity line? (default = y):n
Do you want to configure where and if the agent will send traps?
(default = y):n
Do you want to configure the agent's ability to monitor various aspects
of your system? (default = y):y
Do you want to configure the agents ability to monitor processes?
(default = y): n
Do you want to configure the agents ability to monitor disk space?
(default = y):y
Configuring: disk
Check for disk space usage of a partition.
The agent can check the amount of available disk space, and make
sure it is above a set limit.

disk PATH [MIN=100000]

PATH: mount path to the disk in question.
MIN: Disks with space below this value will have the Mib's errorFlag
set.
Can be a raw byte value or a percentage followed by the %
symbol. Default value = 100000.

The results are reported in the dskTable section of the UCD-SNMP-MIB
tree

Enter the mount point for the disk partion to be checked on: /var
Enter the minimum amount of space that should be available on /var: 5%

Finished Output: disk /var 5%
Do another disk line? (default = y): n
Do you want to configure the agents ability to monitor load average?
(default = y): n
Do you want to configure the agents ability to monitor file sizes?
(default = y): n

The following files were created:

snmpd.conf installed in /usr/local/share/snmp

$sudo cp /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf.bak
$sudo cp /usr/local/share/snmp/snmpd.conf /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

/usr/local/sbin/snmpd -c /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf

$ sudo snmpwalk -v 1 -c emf-obsd localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.9.0
Timeout: No Response from localhost
$

What went wrong with my configuration?

Regards,