Patrick Useldinger([EMAIL PROTECTED]) on 2007.01.17 18:34:35 +0000:
> Nick Holland wrote:
> >Verifying the
> >dependencies for every combination of "core packages" would be
> >difficult...and pointless.
>
> Well I think that's feasible, it the package manager manages
> dependencies and the dependencies in the packages are correct.

And the version- and dependency information that the package managers
decisions are based on is provided by ... the developers, whose work gets
more difficult. q.e.d.

> That's true, but by actually using packages, following -stable could be
> done by updating small packages and it would perhaps make binary updates
> easier because only parts of the OS would have to be updated.

You can update parts of the OS right now: see the instructions in every
patch-file on http://www.openbsd.org/errata.html

/Benno
--
Sebastian Benoit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>