Daniel Barowy wrote:
Hi everyone,

I realize that there's probably not much value in keeping backups of /var/db/spamdb, since entries have a relatively short lifetime, but it would be nice to be able to drop an existing spamdb onto another machine; or to keep last night's backup in case a spamd/firewall fails and needs to be brought back up quickly. I am content to just let spamd

daniel,

i have learned the hard way that you should be making incremental backups of all of your machines every night. a decent backup solution should take care of this.

my advice is "try it!" testing is simple enough: scp /var/db/spamdb to another machine, run spamdb and see if your IPs are preserved.

there something wrong with email?"  Anything to avoid the users! ;^)

lol! tech-clueless ppl complaining about stuff is hard on my ears too. i should get hazard pay for that crap

cheers,
jake