You're missing the point.

OpenBSD is not a non-for-profit organization.  OpenBSD is not a for-profit
organization.  OpenBSD, for all intents and purposes, is Theo de Raadt.
This has implications.  Period.

There is work being done to put into place appropriate legal entities.
This is essentially a large exercise in paperwork for accounting and audit
compliance.

We're on it.  This stuff doesn't happen overnight.  Now let's leave it at
that...