On 1/23/07 1:13 AM, Thomas Alexander Frederiksen wrote:
> doc Hyde skrev:
> <cut>
>> Can anyone help me please?
>> Thank you.
>
> Google can...
>
> http://www.eclectica.ca/howto/openbsd-software-raid-howto.php
>
> These are the steps you are most likely to have missed:
>
> # raidctl -a /dev/sd0d raid0
> # raidctl -vF component0 raid0
> # raidctl -vP raid0
>
> Reboot after the last step, and you're good to go.

I built a Sparc64 RAIDframe system with SCSI disks, making these few
changes from Marcus Redivo's howto:

1. Change "wd" to "sd" to reference scsi disks. For example, sd0a, sd1d,
and so on.

2. There is no fdisk for sparc64, and the installboot procedure is a
little different; see the boot_sparc64 and installboot manpages.

Here are the commands I used for Marcus' section on making the second
disk bootable:

# newfs /dev/rsd1a
# mount /dev/sd1a /mnt
# cp /bsd /mnt/bsd
# cp /usr/mdec/ofwboot /mnt/ofwboot
# /usr/mdec/installboot /usr/mdec/bootblk /dev/rsd1c

And, while not sparc64-specific, I made a couple of other minor changes:

3. Under "Make a RAID-Capable Kernel" I applied all relevant patches to
the source tree before building the new kernel. No point in going
through that exercise twice...

4. Under "Second Disk Setup," I sped up newfs setup with a for loop:

# for i in a d e f g; do newfs raid0${i}; done

dn

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature which had
a name of signature.asc]