Mark Zimmerman wrote:
> I almost didn't submit this because there were no outright failures, but
> then I noticed that with acpi enabled, the hw.setperf sysctl is missing.
> Without acpi, it is present and works properly.

This is because the "traditional" EST mechanism is currently disabled
when ACPI is running, because ACPI provides the same functionality
through acpicpu(4).

However, you need to enable acpicpu in your kernel configuration to use
it.  It's currently still in development, so watch out for bumps in the
road. ;)  Please report any weird failures or strange error messages if
you enable it.