On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 10:45:45AM +0200, Antti Harri wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, John wrote:
>
> >I think in OpenBSD, that sendmail is tied in rather tightly to the whole
> >OS. I use exim, and the way I ensure that sendmail isn't "there" is to
> >do:
> >
> >in rc.conf (or rc.conf.local)
> >
> >sendmail_enable="NONE"
>
> This doesn't do anything.

no? OK. It does (did) in freebsd where I also ran exim, but freebsd
isn't openbsd.

> >sendmail_flags=NO
>
> Only this is required to prevent sendmail from starting
> on boot up.

Well I was desperate :)

I confirm what you say is indeed correct, because in /etc/rc we have

if [ X"${sendmail_flags}" != X"NO" -a -s /etc/mailer.conf ]; then
        echo -n ' sendmail';            ( /usr/sbin/sendmail
        ${sendmail_flags} >/dev/null 2>&1 & )

> PS. Don't forget the root's crontab.

yeah, found that out the hard way (root email complaints about malformed
L)

cheers
--
John