I ordered a new Dell SC440 , with the pentium D and the infamous
broadcom bcm5754 (or is it 5787?) .  I started off with OpenBSD 4.0
release, then noticed a kernel panic on reboot.  This was a consistent
repeatable problem, and after googling I noticed other people having
the same problem and some patches specific to this card in current.  I
am now on current (as of January 31) and and I receive no kernel
panics on reboot.  If I insert a live cable into the card, it ifconfig
bge0 will show that it detects a connection and sets the appropriate
media type.  However, this card will not actually work. I cannot
receive an ip address by calling dhclient bge0 , nor can I manually
assign it an IP address and ping it from another machine.  I have
tried manually setting media options, all manners of things and no
dice.  I installed a linksys lne100tx card using the dc driver just to
test and it works as expected.  Attached is copy of dmesg output.

Thanks,
Nathan Johnson

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had
a name of dmesg.out]