Hello,

Using 4.0-RELEASE GENERIC kernel, and nve0 as my NIC just tried to configure kernel level pppoe to connect to my ISP and got troubled because it doesn't work completely. My ifconfig line mostly follows what I found in ifconfig(8) and pppoe(4) manual pages, except for I use chap authorization. Userlevel ppp(8) works just perfectly... But for some reason I don't want to use it. What could be wrong with in-kernel implementation? Any clarifying questions (and answers, of course :-) from developers are welcome.
--
With best regards,
   Gregory Edigarov