Check out the Intel PRO/1000 PF.  While it's not mentioned as
supported in amd64, many of its brethren are.  It might be worth a
try.

http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro1000pf_dualport_server_adapter.htm

Chris

On 2/7/07, Steven Xiao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

  I really want to use one of those Sun Fire X2100, X2100 M2 or X2200 to
build a firewall for my network. But my problem is that my network is a
fiber connection running Gigabit. It seems that all these boxes have only
PCI-E X8 slot(s) for fiber network card(s).

  My questions are:

  1) Sun also sells a fiber gigabit card with X2100 ... (Sun Dual Gigabit
Ethernet PCI-E MMF Adapter). But this card is not supported in OpenBSD
4.0. Am I right? Is there a plan to support it in the near futher?

  2) If I get a M2 box, say, X2100 M2 with two PCI-E X8 slots and get two
PCI-E fiber network cards, say, HP NC373F PCI Express Multifunction
Gigabit server adapter (1000baseSX) which is supported per openbsd
document. Would that work?

  Thanks for any inputs.

  Steven