Greg KH wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 10:06:36AM +0100, Stephan A. Rickauer wrote:
> > You seem to be happy with signing NDAs. If the result is a
> > readable and understandable GPL'ed driver, companies will be
> > even less motivated to release programming documentation. This
> > will lead to a GPL-lock-in since you simply replace the vendor
> > not willing to share specifications with an NDA'ed GPL
> > developer not willing to share those, but GPL code only.
>
> Well, as my goal is to have a GPL driver for everything, I don't
> see how this can hurt :)
>
> Now others can have different goals, and that's great and fine.
> I'm not saying you can't work on something if you wish to do so.
>
> But for you to try to tell me that I shouldn't work to achive my
> goal, as it somehow conflicts with your goals, is pretty rude,
> don't you think?
>
> There is no reason you can not extend the same kind of offer to
> companies to help your project achieve success.

Why do you pursue your goal in this way even though Linus and RMS
and many other firmly oppose signing NDA's for very good reasons?

You are helping Vendors to keep a lock on the documentation. This
is unethical! Everyone should have full specifications to a piece
of hardware they have purchased!

The GPL was written by RMS because he refused to sign an NDA!

# Han