On 2/14/07, Bryan Irvine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm going to be installing on a soekris box (probably on flash media),
and I'm trying to figure out what the bare minimum I need to install.

Is there somewhere I can see what files are included in the
base40.tgz, etc40.tgz etc... so I know what don't fill up the flash
card at the start?

They are going to be a pf firewall, and ipsec vpn (with one of them
running poptop for roadwarriors).

Any pitfalls I should watch out for on this? fstab options etc..?

After reading many posts on misc about the reliability of CF and since
1 GB compact flash is cheap these days I didn't bother with any of the
above and just did an install picking the sets that I needed, avoiding
x*, comp, and game:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/ethant# df -k
Filesystem  1K-blocks      Used     Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0a      742540    506502    198912    72%    /
mfs:24827       15855         1     15062     0%    /tmp

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/ethant# cat /etc/fstab
/dev/wd0a / ffs rw,noatime 1 1
swap /tmp mfs rw,-s=32768,nodev,nosuid,noexec 0 0

Nothing fancy.  noatime is the only thing different from a normal
install for me other than the fact that I split the filesystem into /,
/usr, /tmp, /var, and /home on larger disks.

Greg