On 2/17/07, Otto Moerbeek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, Dunceor wrote:

> > The dmesgs submitted to [EMAIL PROTECTED] are not publicly accessible.
> > At some point in time this was discussed, but we can't do that, since
> > we never told people that they would be published. So they remain
> > accessible to developers only. They are consulted very often, so keep
> > them coming in!
> >
> >         -Otto
> >

> It's understandable that old dmesg can't be shown but isn't it
> possible to start on a new archive and inform user that all dmesg they
> will send in from this point will be accesible online for everybody? I
> have also thought the idea to have it public before and it would be
> great.
>
> Then the old archive could still be used by dev's but a new archive
> could easily be built up.

On the other hand, we'd hate it (and the project would suffer) if
people would become reluctant to send in their dmesg. Publishing
dmesgs could mean less dmesgs would be submitted.

        -Otto

Sorry, only sent private...

If that would be the case, yes then there is no reason for it. But I
don't see the reason why people would be more reluctant to send in
their dmesg?
It does not provide any private information.

Well it was just an idea, maybe i'll just hack together a online dmesg
tool and let the people who wants to send it be able to send it.

BR
Dunceor