Hi list,

I have two servers, one running 4.0 and one with 3.9, they are used as web
servers, with a
mysql database running on them. Both are more or less idle, but I have seem
these messages
in /var/log/messages on both servers:
bsd: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

I found this thread, where someone has seen the same problem:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-tech&m=115959929717470&w=2

The servers are either freezing completely, or may still answer on pings, and
carp
communication, but it is not possible to log in via ssh, or contact the apache
server.

this is the output on one of the servers, just after new start:
# vmstat -s|grep 'kernel map';grep uvm /var/log/messages
         36 kernel map entries
Jan 24 08:01:30 www /bsd: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries
Jan 29 07:10:06 www /bsd: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries
Feb 22 22:39:41 www /bsd: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

here the other running for ten days:
# vmstat -s|grep 'kernel map';grep uvm /var/log/messages
        672 kernel map entries
Jan 24 08:01:30 www /bsd: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries
Jan 29 07:10:06 www /bsd: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries
Feb 22 22:39:41 www /bsd: uvm_mapent_alloc: out of static map entries

as I read the message of the other thread, I can change some kernel option, but
if I
understand the message above correctly, with changing the options, i can only
extend the
time before a new freeze or problems.
Is there anything else I can do to keep the machines up and running?

kind regards
Sebastian