"Siju George" writes:
> On 3/8/07, Greg Oster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > "Siju George" writes:
> > > In my dmesg at one point it says
> > >
> > > ==============================================
> > > Kernelized RAIDframe activated
> > > dkcsum: wd0 matches BIOS drive 0x80
> > > dkcsum: wd1 matches BIOS drive 0x81
> > > root on wd0a
> > > ================================================
> >
> > So this gets printed from autoconf.c ....  but it *shouldn't* since
> >
> >                                 boothowto |= RB_DFLTROOT;
> >
> > in rf_openbsdkintf.c should cause the setroot() function to bail
> > before printing the above....  So for some reason it's not calling
> > the appropriate bits in rf_buildroothack() in rf_openbsdkintf.c
> > But exactly why, I have no idea...
> >
> > [snip]
> > > Could you please shed any light on why my root device is not "raid0"
> > > but "wda0" still?
> >
> > No idea right now.. if you build a kernel with RAIDDEBUG defined and
> > send the dmesg from that, I might be able to provide additional
> > info...
> >

> alright thankyou :-)
>
> here is it. hope it will help you see more into the issue :-)
[snip]
> Kernelized RAIDframe activated
> Searching for raid components...
> dkcsum: wd0 matches BIOS drive 0x80
> dkcsum: wd1 matches BIOS drive 0x81
> root on wd0a
> rootdev=0x0 rrootdev=0x300 rawdev=0x302
> RAIDFRAME: protectedSectors is 64.
> raid0: Component /dev/wd0d being configured at row: 0 col: 0
>          Row: 0 Column: 0 Num Rows: 1 Num Columns: 2
>          Version: 2 Serial Number: 200612010 Mod Counter: 844
>          Clean: Yes Status: 0
> raid0: Component /dev/wd1d being configured at row: 0 col: 1
>          Row: 0 Column: 1 Num Rows: 1 Num Columns: 2
>          Version: 2 Serial Number: 200612010 Mod Counter: 844
>          Clean: Yes Status: 0
> RAIDFRAME(RAID Level 1): Using 6 floating recon bufs with no head sep limit.
> raid0 (root)
> #

So this is still not the output I'd expect.... what does 'disklabel wd0'
and 'disklabel wd1' say?  Are wd0d and wd1d of type FS_RAID ??  You should
be seeing a "Component on wd0d" and then the full component label, and that
should be printed before the dkcsum bits... It's still almost as
though RAID_AUTOCONFIG isn't defined... (but it is, since the
"Searching..." line above is printed...)

Later...

Greg Oster