Thanks very much for taking the time to respond.

On 03/16/2007 02:33:28 PM, Kian Mohageri wrote:

I'm not saying that you're unappreciative, just that it seemed that way.

That is why when I write suggestions, I usually find something to thank the person for too, just so they don't feel under attack. Only hearing from people about things that are done _wrong_ really gets old. We all know
that.

This is the point I should take away.  I tried to praise OpenBSD
but I should have thanked folks for the good patch before I started
in the problem.

Darren's latest reply summed up what I have to say so I'm gonna stop
replying to this thread. I think everyone has made their points and we're
all on the same page.

I like his reply too.  I did (just) write him back and say that
what I think broke down was what OpenBSD usually excells at:
the open admission and discussion of problems.  That's what
got me about the whole thing, somehow it was out of control
from the get-go.

Karl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein