On 3/18/07, Phusion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a question about BIND9 that comes with OpenBSD 4.0. I just
setup BIND and am seeing the following messages in my logs.

named[25017]: could not open entropy source /dev/arandom: file not found
named[25017]: using pre-chroot entropy source /dev/arandom

I have looked for this and found another person asked about it a few
years ago. The post I saw was when someone was running 3.6 and the
response was as follows.

This is normal and harmless.  All it means is that there was no
/dev/arandom in the chroot jail so named will continue use the
descriptor it opened for /dev/arandom before it did the chroot.

So, apparently I should always see this message correct?

Right.

DS