-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Dixon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 1:53 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: No Blob without Puffy

On Mar 18, 2007, at 7:06 PM, SW wrote:

<snip a formerly private email thread>

I read your entire thread, and find it appalling that not only will
you take someone's private email and broadcast it, but that it
incriminates you on all counts.  You admit that FreeBSD continues to
ship BLOBs, but you wish to keep them on your campaign against
BLOBs.  Don't you see the hypocrisy in this action?

--
Jason Dixon
DixonGroup Consulting

1. We have nothing to hide. Theo wrote he would post the mails
in public, I told him to do so. There's nothing private in those
mails. Everybody has a right to know what was going on, read every
bit.

2. I asked Theo if OpenBSD has objections to this campaign. Theo
wrote that only BSDs with no Blobs should be on the poster. That's
OpenBSD policy. FreeBSD and NetBSD have a different policy. Theo
wanted OpenBSD removed from that poster, we did it. Theo claimed
that Stop Blob! is OpenBSD "intellectual property" so we changed
it to "No Blob!". If OpenBSD wants to improve the "Stop Blob!" campaign
please stop complaining and contribute. I wish OpenBSD the very best
and hope they will be able to succeed in any way.

3. FreeBSD has Blobs, there's no need for admitting, read the FreeBSD
cvs, this is not a secret.

4. You think the only way to fight Blobs is totally abandon them. All the
other BSDs have a different opinion. Because we have a different opinion
how too achieve something (we all want free documentation) doesn't mean
we like Blobs, NDAs or something. Yes, I am a FreeBSD-guy to the bone and I
don't like Blobs nor that I am using them. And I will not do any sort
of armchair quarterbacking. I will fight and tell the public what's
going on and why I don't like it.

5. OpenBSD thinks there should be no possibility whatsoever to use Blobs.
FreeBSD thinks it's up to the user to decide what's best for him. And
maybe that will include competition between Open Source BSD-licensed
drivers and Blobs. You can use Nvidia graphics drivers in FreeBSD and
you can use xorg. You can use NVE or NFE soon. That's freedom of choice,
Free as in FreeBSD (and NetBSD and DragonFly BSD etc.).

6. Go on with your fight for free documentation but please stop fighting
all other BSDs. It will lead to absolutely no good.

All the best for OpenBSD,

Daniel