* Renaud Allard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007-03-19 12:22]:
> In the changelog from 4.0 to 4.1, I read:
> # In pf.conf(5), make 'flags S/SA keep state' the implicit default for
> filter rules.
>
> Does this only apply to tcp (as suggested by the flags) or to all
> protocols?

all protocols.
flags only apply to tcp of course, ignored for other protocols.

of course pf.conf(5) has all you'd ever want to know about that.

> Also, is there a way to specify that there should be no state kept?

sure.

of course, pf.conf(5) discusses that at legth, right where you'd expect
it, in the PACKET FILTERING section right after the initial description
of the pass keyword.

--
Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
BS Web Services, http://bsws.de