On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 04:19:11PM +0100, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> We can analogically use this argument for ocassional errors in memory, too. If

"We" can, but "we" won't.

Yes, the GCC bugs should be fixed. Yes, it's important to communicate
with the GCC people that -O2 breaks things sometimes.

This is a separate issue from producing code that works right in the
real world, which is where MY code has to run. If there are memory
errors nothing else will run, either. If I report an error, do I sit
around and not write code until it's fixed? Or do I continue to write
broken code and tell the users it's not my fault?

You're being stupid arguing things like that. How many more people are
going to have to tell you?

--
Darrin Chandler                   |  Phoenix BSD Users Group
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/