RW wrote:
> I have a simple setup.
> Sydney to Melbourne and the ipsec.conf is one of the nice easy ones
> whilst I learn to do more complex setups. It has been working for
> months.
>
> Today doing "ipsecctl -s all" at either end generates the expected
> output. Each is a mirror of the other.
>
> netstat -rnf encap shows expected output at both ends. Again mirrors of
> the other.
>
> However sshing into each and doing a traceroute to t'other end gives
> madly assymetric results.
>
> With the distant gateway as the target Syd gets to Mel in one hop, as
> expected.
> Mel gets to Syd going out the $ext_if rather than the encap. As the
> LANs are RFC1918s Mel cannot get to Syd but Syd can get to Mel.

i wouldn't expect you to have a route not set on the isakmpd endpoints,
but i have a "route add <remote net> <internal private IP>" in the
hostname.if files for the internal interfaces on both endpoints. that's
the only thing i can think of that would work for a while (manually
added routes) and then stop working after, say, a reboot of one endpoint.

cheers,
jake