On Thursday 22 March 2007 08:09, Thierry Lacoste wrote:
> After a default 4.0 install I installed www/mod_auth_bsd
> but all users are rejected.
> I have the following line in my /var/www/logs/error_log:
> httpd: invalid script: /usr/libexec/auth/login_passwd
>
> Same results wether apache is chrooted or not.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I tried to recreate your error message and when I removed "AuthBSDGroup
auth" in httpd.conf, I got the exact error you mention. So it is
possible that this is the cause for your error message.

The README file in /usr/local/share/doc/mod_auth_bsd explicitly mentions
this point and states that you should have something like:

AuthBSDGroup auth

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/foo/login>
     SSLRequireSSL           # required by default
     AuthType Basic          # only HTTP Basic supported
     AuthName "Foo Login"
     AuthBSD On
     Require valid-user      # restrict to system accounts
</Directory>

Hope this helps,

Vijay

--