Hi there,

On Mar 23, 2007, at 6:47 AM, Rafael Morales wrote:

I have OpenBSD 4.0 on a HP laptop and I need to
install Skype because is for the comunication in my
job and I have the freedom for install my lovely
OpenBSD.
This what I have done:

1. I installed the redhat_base-8.0p8.tgz for the
emulation.
2. Download the skype-0_90_0_1.rpm and installed it
with the /emul/linux/bin/rpm, all seemed good.
3. If I try to run it, I just see a error message
looking for the lib file libXss.so.1.

If someone has installed the skype could help me
please ???.

Skype is a buggy piece of sh*t. If you have to use it, then wrap it in a solid systrace policy if that's possible at all. I don't know about systrace and Linux emulation on OpenBSD.

I wouldn't use the rpm, I'd instead download the statically linked file that's available on the Skype site:

http://www.skype.org/go/getskype-linux-static

That should solve all library issues.

kind regards,
Tobias W.