On 3/26/07, Stuart Henderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2007/03/26 16:41, mail-lists wrote:
> > I'm noticing that when I do a 'top' my interrupt usage stays at aroudn
> > 30%. Again - I have to think that this is a hardware limitation on the
> > soekris.
>
> soekris is not a fast i/o machine, it is a low-power machine.
>
> > altq on $wii_if priq bandwidth 40Mb queue {wii_std, wii_voip}
>
> it definitely won't push 40Mb/s of data (nor will 802.11 wireless,
> for that matter).

No, I don't imagine it would. Those queues aren't actually being used
though. I'd say maybe 10Mb/s at most right now

> pass in quick  on $wii_if from $wireless_lan to $VOIP_SERVERS keep state
> > pass in  quick on $int_if from $VOIP_SERVERS to $wireless_lan keep state
> > pass in quick on $ext_if from $VOIP_GATEWAYS to $VOIP_SERVERS
>
> small packets too, that won't help.

Yeah, I was afraid of that.

However, another soekris I have seems to do fine with ~ 30Mb/s peaks, also
handling a fair amount of VOIP traffic.
The difference is that it's not serving as a wireless AP