My advice would be ral(4) I have also used ath(4) however the G  mode
does not  work real well, I would suspect that ral(4) would be one of
the first devices to support 80.211n. in OpenBSD (Someone correct me
if I am wrong on this)

Sam Fourman Jr.

On 4/11/07, Darrin Chandler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 02:18:28AM +0200, Maxime DERCHE wrote:
> A recent thread (04/04/2007) on this list showed that the ralink
> chipsets are well supported by OpenBSD.

If I recall, there was also talk about lower signal strength with
ralink. For an access point this is important, but could be mitigated or
overcome by a high gain antenna.

FWIW, I haven't done any hard testing about signal strength, but I'm at
least 50 ft from my ral(4) openbsd access point, as is my daughter using
her ral(4) openbsd laptop. No problems here. Access point is a soekris
with a normal stubby antenna, and the laptops involved are minipci and
cardbus (no external antenna at all). :)

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/